Sandhills Credit Union Internet Banking Alerts are here!!
Guard against account fraud! Sandhills Credit Union Alerts will let you know when important changes have been made to your information in Internet Banking. These alerts add additional protection to allow you to identify and report potential fraudulent activity as soon as it happens.
You will be notified when:
- You log into your online banking.
- Your Personal Access Code (PAC) is changed via Internet Banking.
- If you are locked out of Internet Banking via Increased Authentication after 3 attempts to log in.
These alerts can be sent as a text message to your mobile device, as an email to your email address or both.
How do I sign up?
- Log into Sandhills Credit Union Internet Banking.
- Click My Profile tab, Alerts to display the Mobile Alerts Page. Click Register for Alerts.
- You will be asked to accept the Alerts Agreement before you can complete your registration.
- From here, add an email contact, phone contact (or both!) and follow the instructions received
in the confirmation email or text.
- Next, select account nicknames and choose which alerts you’d like to receive.
- You’re all set!
Managing Your Alerts Service
In addition to receiving your Direct Alerts via email or text, you can review the last 30 days of Alerts History in Internet Banking – just click on the History link on the Alerts page. You can also manage your alerts by editing the contact information, account nicknames, or choosing different alerts to be received – you'll find all of these functions under the Edit Alerts tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Alerts and why should I sign up?
Sandhills Credit Union Direct Alerts make it easy to keep track of any changes that occur with Internet Banking – for example, if you sign up to receive an Alert if your PAC is changed, you will receive a text or email if the Internet Banking system detects that change. If you receive an alert but did not perform a change in Internet Banking, this may be a sign of fraudulent activity. Contact your credit union immediately and we can address your concerns and take appropriate action.
- What are the fees for using Sandhills Credit Union Alerts?
There is no charge to members for receiving alerts from Sandhills Credit Union. However, your Mobile Service Provider may charge you for receiving text messages or for data usage. Members are advised to check with their provider for details.
- Are Alerts safe?
Personal information is not transmitted in a Direct Alerts text message or email. Accounts are identified by nickname only – no account numbers, balances or identifying details are visible. Also remember – Sandhills Credit Union will never ask you to provide personal information over email or text.
- Which Mobile Service Carriers support Alerts?
Currently, this feature is supported by Telus, Rogers, Fido, Bell, MTS, Virgin, Sasktel, Koodoo, Solo and PC Mobile.
- What happens if I change my mobile device number?
Sign into Internet Banking and edit your Alerts Contact information to include your new mobile number.
- What happens if I lose my mobile device?
Contact your service provider to suspend your service. Then, sign in to Sandhills Credit Union Internet Banking to deactivate the alerts being sent to your device.