Transferring money can be done quickly and securely. All that is required is an email address or a mobile phone number.
How to send an INTERAC† e-Transfer
You and the recipient each need your own:
- Account with a participating Credit Union or Bank
- Active email address or mobile phone number
Create your Sender Profile (First Time Users Only):
- Log onto Sandhills Credit Union online banking
- Click on the ‘Transfers’ tab on the blue menu bar on the left side of the screen, select ‘Interac® e-Transfer’.
- Complete your contact information, click the ‘Create Profile’ button and confirm.
- Go to Transfers, send Interac e-Transfer
- Click the ‘Add New Recipient’ link (on the blue menu bar on the left side of the screen or in the Send Interac® e-Transfer screen).
- Enter the person’s name, mobile phone number and/or e-mail address, and select sending method(s).
- Choose a Security Question and Answer that the recipient will know.
Sending an e-transfer
- From the ‘Transfers’ menu, select ‘Send Interac® e-Transfer’.
- Select the recipient and the send method.
- Select an account from which to make the transfer and enter the amount.
- You also have the option to send a message to the recipient.
- Click on ‘Send Transfer’, and Confirm.
- Your account will be debited the transfer amount immediately, however, for security reasons Interac® holds all transactions for 30 minutes before processing.
- You can view, re-send or cancel transfers by clicking this option in the left blue banner bar under transfers.
- You will receive notification when a recipient has deposited the funds.
- Transaction Limit – $3,000.00
- Daily Limit – $10,000.00
- Per 7 Day Limit – $10,000.00
- Per 30 Day Limit – $20,000.00
- Per transaction – $10,000.00
- Daily Limit – $10,000.00
- Per week – $25,000.00
- Per month – $50,000.00
How do I cancel an Interac e-Transfer transaction?
To cancel a transfer, log into your online bank account. Go to the transaction or payment history and select the Interac e-Transfer transaction you wish to cancel. Use the cancel option provided. This process varies by financial institution, who may also charge a cancellation fee. Contact your bank or credit union for more information.
I need to cancel a transfer, but the recipient has already accepted the deposit. How do I reverse an Interac e-Transfer transaction?
Unfortunately, once a deposit has been made there is no way to reverse the transaction. You’ll have to make arrangements directly with the recipient. You should only send money transfers to parties you know and trust. For most Interac e-Transfer uses (sending money to family and friends, repaying IOUs, sending money as gifts, etc.), you will know the recipient well. For uses where you may not know the recipient (e.g., online auction purchases), take the same precautions you would take when making cash purchases. For online auctions and purchases, be sure to read and follow any steps recommended by the operators of these websites to safely transact.
If you would like more information, visit the INTERAC e-Transfer homepage here.
† Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license.