Transferring money can be done quickly and securely. All that is required is an email address or a mobile phone number.
How to send an INTERAC† e-Transfer
You and the recipient each need your own:
- Account with a participating Credit Union or Bank
- Active email address or mobile phone number
- Log into Sandhills Credit Union online banking and go to Transfers screen.
- Set up your sender profile and add your recipient. Create a security question that only you and the recipient know.
- Choose how to notify your recipient, the amount of the transfer, which account to debit.
- Click on send and the money is debited from your account immediately.
- Your recipient will receive a notification that you have sent funds. They will follow the links that are in the notification to deposit the funds.
- Per transaction – $3,000.00
- Per week – $7,000.00
- Per month – $10,000.00
A non-refundable fee of $1.50 will be charged for sending the INTERAC e-Transfer.
- Per transaction – $10,000.00
- Per week – $25,000.00
- Per month – $50,000.00
How do I cancel an Interac e-Transfer transaction?
To cancel a transfer, log into your online bank account. Go to the transaction or payment history and select the Interac e-Transfer transaction you wish to cancel. Use the cancel option provided. This process varies by financial institution, who may also charge a cancellation fee. Contact your bank or credit union for more information.
I need to cancel a transfer, but the recipient has already accepted the deposit. How do I reverse an Interac e-Transfer transaction?
Unfortunately, once a deposit has been made there is no way to reverse the transaction. You’ll have to make arrangements directly with the recipient. You should only send money transfers to parties you know and trust. For most Interac e-Transfer uses (sending money to family and friends, repaying IOUs, sending money as gifts, etc.), you will know the recipient well. For uses where you may not know the recipient (e.g., online auction purchases), take the same precautions you would take when making cash purchases. For online auctions and purchases, be sure to read and follow any steps recommended by the operators of these websites to safely transact.
If you would like more information, visit the INTERAC e-Transfer homepage here.
† Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license.